Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy & Healthy 2013!

Well well well, I think it's about time to return to blogging after a longer-than-planned break. I didn't realize that the time before Christmas was going to be as hectic as it was - and then again there weren't that much news to share with you you anyway, since a prolonged flu kept me away from the gym and most of other exercise for almost a month.

Quick recap of December: struggling with above mentioned flu, painting a few walls at home, installing some Ikea furniture, Christmas shopping, cleaning the whole house for the festive season, visiting friends, spending Christmas together with family, inviting relatives over on Boxing Day, welcoming one of my husband's best friends' to Finland for a holiday, celebrating New Year with family and friends... And that was just the spare time and holidays, of course I had plenty of work to do at the office, too. 


I did manage to squeeze in a little bit of alternative exercise though: clearing our approximately 300 m2 driveway of snow for 1,5 hours at a time (I don't even know how many times I did that thanks to repeated snowstorms), going for walks with our friend's dog Lilli when we were dogsitting her for two long weekends and downhill skiing in a nearby ski center. I went to the gym a couple of times during December but not as often as I had planned. Not. At. All.



Anyway, after enjoying some Christmas and New Year treats and being forced to have a longer break in regular gym and cardio training it's time to make this year a year to remember in fitness and health. From tomorrow on I'm going to give myself a big push in both exercise and diet and see what comes out of it. I'll tell you more about it later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment