Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Holiday (Part 2) - Sun, Sweating And Friends!

Back home after a wonderful holiday spent in sunny and warm Spain/Catalonia - and a bit less sunny and warm Norway. It was amazing to see dear friends again and to meet two small princesses for the first time, too. I'm such a summer person so the week in Barcelona was like a therapy trip for me since the summer in Finland has been so miserable. And Norway was so relaxing, our friends took such good care of us during the weekend. Loved it, so much.

 
Since the holiday was expected to be quite tricky training-wise we got a programme of just two 60 minute walk/jog training sessions (heart rate 112-132) and two 45 minute walk/jog training sessions (heart rate of 132 - 160) for the week. Fair enough, we thought. And what happened? FAIL.

I blame my hubby for the failure, as he was the one going *SIGH* "Can't we do that tomorrow or something?" after walking for hours around Barcelona with achy feet... I know, I could have gone by myself too, so no use blaming him. Anyway, the two walks/jogs we did do were hot and sweaty, which wasn't a big surprise considering temperatures of 30 °C and more, but they were also a nice way to see the Sarrià neighbourhood a bit more. Excellent views over Barcelona from the hills! Walking briskly uphill got my heart rate going, only needed to jog when the route took us down the hill again.



I received an e-mail from the Personal Trainer warning me that the week after our vacation would be tough. We had agreed that the next meeting at the gym is on the Monday right after our return, to stop the slacking off as soon as possible. And believe me, I think I saw some devil horns poking out of her head. She really wanted to punish me for the nice holiday week I just had! Not one or two gym training sessions, but three. Oh, and of course some endurance training too, so throw another 60 min and 70 min jogs/walks/Nordic walks in there too. Unfortunately my body didn't appreciate it - come Sunday afternoon I felt completely exhausted and shivering of cold. Fever of 38,1 °C and I had to crawl under the duvets. Why... does... my... body... hate... exercise??!! Frustration overload! Luckily the fever went down sooner than I expected, so I should be ready to rumble again. Just have to take it easy for couple of days.

Oh, I have to show you what I bought in Barcelona: my very first purchase especially for Brazil! I fell in love with the colorful prints at Desigual and just had to buy this dress, with a summer sale price and all. It fits me already now, but I'm hoping it to be more loose by February. So looking forward to showing my best samba moves in my new pretty dress while watching the carnival parades in Rio!

Photo: www.facebook.com/Desigual

I'll let you know how returning to training will go after my little "sick leave". I seriously can't wait! What's wrong with me? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment