Thursday, July 26, 2012

Holiday (Part 1) - Rain, Cold... And Outlet Shopping!

The first summer holiday week done and dusted! And once again, when I dare to relax on my holiday,  I get sick. And once again, when I have just started an exercise routine, I get sick. So incredibly and frustratingly predictable! Then again, I'm pretty sure sitting out on a terrace (under a big umbrella though) in 17°C, rainy, windy, miserable conditions didn't exactly help. I was actually shivering, I was that cold! The "summer" in the Northern Europe hasn't been exactly glorious. That same evening I felt my throat was sore and by the next morning there seemed to be a cactus stuck there. I think I was also running a fever, but I managed to get rid of it fairly quick. Anyway, I managed to go for a fat burner walk and also managed to come up with some DIY weights for fitness training too, so got a proper workout done on two other days. Walking in different surroundings is always a welcome change to the normal jogging/walking routes back home.


Since we were in Belgium and spent most of the time close to the Dutch border, we also went shopping in the nearby Designer Outlet shopping center. I discovered Designer Outlet Roermond about a year ago when we had just been on a holiday in the United States, updating our wardrobes in amazing outlet shopping centers in California. I was hoping to find something similar in Europe and preferably close to Belgium, where were usually go for a couple of weeks per year to spend time with my husband's family and friends. And oh how lucky we are - Designer Outlet Roermond in the Netherlands is just 45 min drive away from my mom-in-law's apartment! I couldn't believe what a shopping paradise I had found when we first went there in December. So many top quality brands with incredible deals everywhere. I also liked the way the whole place has been designed, making it feel like a cozy little village.


The Christmas time and now in June-July are the perfect periods for a shopping spree there as you don't just get the usual outlet reductions of 30 - 50 % but there's also a sale going on, offering you savings up to 70 - 80 % of the original price. My three must-visit shops are always Clarks, Polo Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger. And for daydreaming purposes Burberry, Dolce&Gabbana, Gucci, Mulberry and Prada...


This time I wanted to concentrate on the sports stores. Quite a task, considering that there's plenty of choice in sports and outdoor gear stores and brands: Adidas, Asics, Billabong, Fjällräven, Fred Perry, Nike, O'Neill, Puma, Reebok, Salomon, Timberland and many more. I was mainly looking for some waterproof walking/running gear as well as some tops for the gym - and found plenty, with good prices. In addition I found new gym shoes to replace the old and clumsy ones. Lucky I packed lightly to go to Belgium since I returned home with quite a bit heavier luggage...



Until the next visit! I can still hear that Gucci bag calling my name, all sad and lonely because I left it in the shop... *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment